Photo reblogged from with 351 notes
Lyrically, Relapse is definitely his best album.
And theres so much meaning behind this album cover:
This cover is a representation of Eminem’s struggle with addiction that almost killed him. In 2005 Eminem checked into rehab, marking the beginning of his 4 year hiatus from rap. Then, in 2009, Eminem returned with Relapse.
The album title itself had a double meaning, the obvious meaning was a reference to his addiction, the other was him calling this album a relapse to the days where Slim Shady was more prevalent.
Even more interesting than the title, was the cover.
It featured Em’s face created by a mosaic of thousands of pills. In the bottom left corner there is a prescription box, which features several things:
- At the top it has the album’s title, with the R being used as part of the prescription symbol (“Rx”), and Em’s signature backwards E (“∃”) at the end.
- Underneath is Eminem’s given name (Mathers, Marshall), and hometown (8 Mile Road, Detroit MI).
- The prescription tells the listener to take a tablet daily at 3am
- The refill date was the album’s official release date (5-19-09)
- The album was prescribed by Doctor Dre, and included 313 capsules.
i fucking love this tattoo. wow.
"I chipped my tooth today!"
"I was wrestling with my older brother."
"He forfeited after he chipped my tooth."
She actually pulled up a video of the incident on her phone. Sure enough, she chips her tooth, then spends the next 30 seconds trying to convince her panicked brother that it’s not a big deal.
this was my favorite~
5.27.14: Geno at the Cup parade for Team Russia.
Congrats on being world champions. Remind me how did that Olympic thingy work out? :)
So hard to find a right handed hair dryer.
Love those Versace doors. Well done Geno, that is one fan you do not want to disappoint…..again.
Sweeps make them happy! A little Nae Nae dance from the Blue Jays outfield.
Like drunk uncles dancing at a wedding.
You wanna dance? You wanna dance?
That’s a powerful fist pump.
Page 1 of 60